7 de julio de 2011

Cachapas



Cachapas are a traditional Venezuelan dish made from corn. They can be made like pancakes of fresh corn dough. The most common varieties are made with fresh ground corn mixed into a thick batter and cooked on a budare, like pancakes; the cachapa is slightly thicker and lumpier because of the pieces from corn kernels.

It's amazing, as in Venezuela I did not like Cachapas, but being away from home in a country with a meal as special as the Mexican, it's amazing what I miss a good cachapa, with queso de mano.

Unfortunately I live in town where I can`t  find yellow corn, which is the main ingredient in the cachapas, failing that, I started to make it with instant flour, is the best substitute away from the original, but so far away from home, knows to  glory, I hope some day you can taste this delicious dish of the Venezuelan cuisine.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Déjame saber tu opinión o si tienes alguna duda escribe, no te guardes lo que piensas para ti solamente :)